What was so bad in those links R13?
Printable View
What was so bad in those links R13?
They strike me as being about not liking Israel but not really have anything to complain about other than some "whine & cheese". Not to mention at least one of them believing a silly myth and some of it simply seems like anti-semitic grumbling.
Exactly. I dont really see any big human rights violations, just general war casualties and etc. The count just makes it appear as though Israel is more successful than the palestinians in combat.
Yeah, actually seems like people who wish Israel were not as strong or their enemies were stronger so they could be exterminated. It's not overt anti-semitism, but it flows heavily in the undercurrent.
In related news Iran is set to hang nine more protesters for "crimes against God". I wonder what "God" is going to want them to do with their nuclear weapons once they have them?
Let the US take care of it, Israel needs to mind their own, most of it is talk IMO.
And I missed the part of it being a myth? I've read nothing that said it didn't happen, he was strapped to the vehicle to try and stop them from throwing rocks. The only thing your link "proves", is that the story was used several times, even though I could find the links to them and it's just going by the word of what it says...so it still happened, but used more than once? Now to the site itself, have you looked at it? I'm hoping you're not a regular reader, because it's a million times more biased than what I put up, which was that story was from wiki.
In April 2004, human rights activists from Rabbis for Human Rights reported that Israeli soldiers used 13-year-old Muhammed Badwan as a human shield during a demonstration in the West Bank village of Biddu,[92] by tying him to the front windscreen of their jeep with the purpose, according to the boy's father, of discouraging Palestinian demonstrators from throwing stones at them. A picture of Badwan tied to the jeep was published in the Daily Mail. On July 1, 2009, Amnesty International stated that Israeli troops forced Palestinians to stay in one room of their home while turning the rest of the house into a base and sniper position, "effectively using the families, both adults and children, as human shields and putting them at risk," the group said. "Intentionally using civilians to shield a military objective, often referred to as using 'human shields' is a war crime," Amnesty said.[93] Such actions are condemned by human rights groups as violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[94]
The Israeli High Court has issued an injunction against the practice, but human rights groups claim the IDF continues to use it.[94][95] During the 2008-2009 Gaza invasion known as Operation Cast Shield, Israeli military forces continued using civilians as human shields. According to testimonies, Israeli forces used unarmed Palestinians including children to protect military positions, walk in front of armed soldiers; go into buildings to check for booby traps or gunmen; and inspect suspicious objects for explosives.[96] "You cannot exploit the civilian population for the army's military needs, and you cannot force them to collaborate with the army", said Aharon Barak, President of the Supreme Court of Israel.[87][97]
According to testimonies submitted to B'Tselem during the 2006 war in Gaza, Israel Defense Force soldiers used six civilians, including two minors, as human shields during an incursion into Beit Hanun. Two boys, one aged 14 and the other 16, were ordered to lead soldiers into an area where a heavy firefight with Palestinian militants had just taken place.[94][98]
According to testimonies collected by Amnesty International and Breaking the Silence[99] Israeli soldiers used Palestinian civilians as human shields during Operation Cast Lead in 2009[100][101]. IDF says it investigates alleged abuses wherever specific detail is given, and that "dozens" of investigations are currently under way, some involving military police.[102] Judge Goldstone's 525-page Report on Operation Cast Lead also concluded that Israel used Palestinians as human shields. The report dismissed Israel's own investigations into the incidents as not credible and called on the UN Security Council to investigate[103].
Firing into civilian populations on purpose? Killing civilians holding white flags? Being completely careless with their bombings? They have their own Gitmos too :) I all of that are some pretty strong cases for what I'm talking about, I know somethings are just "casualties of war" (which I hate, but still) but these instances seem completely unnecessary.
You've got to be kidding?
What's talk? That they are trying to develop nuclear weapons? If that's what you mean, then you have to be kidding.
Let the U.S. take care of it? You've got to be kidding? It's their a$$ on the line, not ours (not yet) they have a perfect right to defend themselves against an enemy that has sworn to kill them.
It is their business, not getting nuked by a bunch of idiots that have sworn to kill them it's their business more than it's our business.
I've now read, what I believe to be, everything possible on the subject of Muhammed Badwan and several alternate spellings. Here is what appears happened. He was throwing rocks and was caught and detained. He was placed on the hood of a parked jeep for a short period of time while detained. There was little or no rock throwing going on while he was on the jeep. All of these things HE (Muhammed Badwan) has admitted to.
He was released on the spot to relatives. At some point a Rabbi objected to his being placed on the jeep in the event rock throwing resumed.
I'd call it a myth
Wow, now if I could only get that hour of my life back.
I also came across a number of condemnations of Amnesty International for their bias against Israel. It seems to be real. In one case they blamed Israel for the rape of some Palestinian women....by some *Palestinian* men. Really, they admitted the perps were Palestinian but still blamed Israel? It's complicated....and stupid. They have also repeatedly refused to provide evidence of their claims and have even suggested to legitimate critics that they "google" the evidence!? What, are they in the 10th grade? That might make sense on the LPD forum, but in the real world, when dealing with real and respected individuals it's simply stupid. I've lost much (see all) respect for AI.
There has been proof of them having Uranium - (which I'm pretty sure I read they'll be sending most abroad) They don't have the capabilities, so right now, it's all talk and we're hearing about it because why? Saddams gone(not saying that's bad) but it's the reason things have heated up between them, he was a good buffer. Anyway, I don't see a need to jump into anything with them and if Israel does...let God take care of Israel. I mean that's the main reason we defend them and the problems over there. Anyways, I agree, it's their ass, so let Israel handle it, but I have a feeling the US would be pulled in when Israel finds out they aren't the Billy badass they think they are.
About the incident, so you're saying it did happen, but a myth? I mean your view on it has changed though, that it never happened and that he wasn't detained, now the opposite.
And the same Amnesty International that has been accused by governments like the United States, Democratic Republic of the Congo, the People's Republic of China,Vietnam, Russia and Israel. I don't know how you can be biased when you spare no one? lmao